If you’re new to Instagram and don’t know how to add music to an Instagram post, video, or reels then this post is just for you. Here on this page, we will tell you a summary of how you can add music to your videos and posts in different ways. As we all know Instagram is doing a pretty good job on social media and it’s one of the most addictive platforms nowadays. After adding the reels options and the ban of Tik Tok in India most of the influencers shifted on Instagram to continue their career.
As we all know there are many formats of images and videos are available on Instagram, you can post stories, share long IGTV videos, upload images, and make reels video with lengths of up to 60 seconds. But do you know how to add multiple players of music in any of those? If not, keep scrolling to the below-mentioned headings to find all the answers.
We are going to cover the three different formats in this article, if you think we missed something or if you have any shortcut ways to add music then let us know at the last of this article. Without taking any more minutes of yours, let’s get started with the steps.
How to add music to stories?
The process to add music to Instagram stories is too easy, all you have to do is;
- Open your Instagram account, click on the Your Story icon or the + icon on the top header and click on the story.
- Choose a picture or video which you want to share in your stories.
- Once you select the media and process to the posting page you’ll find some easy tools to add to your picture/video.
- In the bottom section, you’ll find an icon to mute the current music of your video. If your video has disturbance or unclear audio you can mute it right from there.
- On the top, you’ll find an option to add stickers. Click on it.
- Find the music sticker and paste it on your story, it will ask you to select a song out of the library.
- You can pick from the suggestions or browse your favorite track by searching the keywords.
- Select the verse, time duration, and visual formats to show lyrics on the screen or simple play button.
- That’s it, your music is now added to your story post and you can share it with your friends.
How to add music on reels?
Instagram Reels are one of the biggest reasons behind this audio-adding idea, it makes our posts look even more grateful than ever. To add music on reels you just have to follow these easy steps.
- Open your Instagram.
- Click on the + icon on the top header.
- Choose the reels
- Your camera screen will be opened in front of you, check the left sidebar for the extra features.
- You’ll find an option named Audio there, click on it to find music from the stock library or search on your own.
- Add the music and record your video as you want to.
Tips: You can edit and record reels from any other software and upload it on Instagram without any issues. Do this only if your music isn’t listed on the Instagram Audio Library.
How to add music on posts/images?
If you’re planning to add music on images, normal photos you usually upload on the profile then it’s a bit different from the above procedure.
- Open Instagram and go to the top header on the +
- Choose the post option and select your media file.
- Add filters or color contrasts if you want to, or you can skip it to the captions page.
- On the final page, you have to write some caption and tag your known public, and a new feature named Add Music.
- Click on it and choose your favorite background music for your post.
Let us tell you that this feature isn’t openly launched for all counties, it’s still in beta testing mode and only a few countries could take benefit from this.
If you have joined the beta program of Instagram you can avail this option with the latest update, if not, then wait for further announcements to get the Add Music option.
So this is how you can add music to an Instagram post or video reels without any problem. If you face any issues while following any of our steps, let us know about it through the comments box. We will be glad to assist you in all situations.